This 281 acre NUECES RIVER RANCH is located in Zavala County between Batesville and Crystal City. This is a choice, low-fenced property with some beautiful, heavily treed river bottom land. There are literally thousands of huge live oak, pecan, and elm trees growing in the fertile, bottom lands adjacent to approximately 2 miles of deep, green water of the Nueces River. That makes this the perfect wildlife habitat. The deep soiled, irregularly-shaped little hunting/cow ranch is located in PRIME Hunting Country! Approximately 40% of the property is, heavily wooded bottom land with the remaining 60% of this property an abandoned irrigated farm and consisting primarily of mesquite, huisache, and twisted acacia trees. There are two heavily wooded, thick, brushy draws that feed into the Nueces River. Historically, these two draws were probably the Nueces River bed. Both draws are about 15-20 feet deep and are lined with mature trees that are 40 to 50 feet tall with dense, thick underbrush. There are numerous game trails that bisect these bottoms as deer, hogs, turkey and other wildlife travel up and down these great corridors. There is also guajilla, granjeno, guayacan, and blackbrush growing in these bottoms.
There is about 150 – 170 acres of old farm land has a very dense coverage of mesquite and huisache trees growing on it. The mesquite trees are anywhere from 8 10 12 feet high and produce copious amounts of mesquite beans when there is enough rainfall. Most parts of the ranch have an excellent stand of various types of grasses, with most of the ranch having knee deep grass creating a blanket of feed and cover for deer and game and livestock. Kleberg bluestem and buffel grass are the predominant varieties of grass found on the ranch. There are a number of other grass varieties present on the ranch including: Arizona cottontop, green sprangle-top, Plains bristle grass, K-R Bluestem, side-oats grama, and Klein grass. Fall rains have really brought on a lot of grass growth.
A big part of this fine little ranch is comprised of the Montell Clay soil association and the Pryor Sandy Clay Loam soil association. Both of these are prime farm land type soils that are very productive with strong nutrients! topography of the ranch is primarily level to slightly undulating with elevations range from 570 to 585 feet above sea level, except towards the river. The property currently has an Ag exemption. There is 3-Phase electricity available to this property, which also makes single phase available. There is an old set of livestock pens located in the north central part of this property. There are several food plots on this property and an individual could easily make several more food plots in other locations.
There are two mobile homes on the eastern end of this property. One mobile home is a nice, modern 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit suitable for the wife. The second mobile home is more of a Hunters Cabin and is a little more rustic. Both mobile homes have covered wooden decks built on to them. They are located close to each other and can sleep a total of 12 to 15 people. Additionally, there is an equipment barn, a storeroom/barn, and a set of welded pipe pens located just south of the two mobile homes. There is a lift pump station located at the Nueces River. There are several hunting blinds and deer feeders that will stay with the property. There is good traffic at the feeders showing that there is good hunting available on this property! There are large flocks of turkey, hogs, quail and dove to hunt on this property.
Besides the 2+ miles of Nueces River, there is one dirt tank built in the draw near the two mobile homes and there is a smaller dirt tank located near the front entrance. There is a brand new water well on the property with plans to supply water to the headquarters and several water troughs. There is an extensive network of underground pipeline that was used to irrigate the east end of the property; however, they have not been used for years, but are believed to still be in usable condition.
This is a GOOD, small sized ranch located in big deer country, the famed Golden Triangle, noted for its trophy-sized white-tailed bucks, where a number of award winning deer have been harvested over the years. This is a great opportunity to own a fine Texas ranch, a south Texas jewel with enormous potential. And some MINERALS may be available!
Features and Activities
Unnamed Road, Crystal City, TX 78839, USA