Location: The Happy Valley Ranch West is located in the southwestern part of Taylor County approximately 30 miles southwest of Abilene, Texas, a few miles east of the community of Happy Valley. Approximately 2 hours 50 minutes west of Fort Worth, 2 hours 10 minutes east of Midland, and just under an hour north of San Angelo. Property address is 126 CR 190, Wingate, Texas 79566
Directions: From Abilene head southwest on US-277 S for approximately 26 miles to the intersection of FM-1086 on left. Turn left and continue on FM-1086 for 4.5 miles to CR 190 and the ranch entrance on right.
Description: Happy Vally Ranch West is the west 425+/- acre portion of the Happy Valley Ranch (675+/- acres). This versatile Taylor County ranch offers great hunting and grazing, rolling landscape, scenic views, numerous building sites, reliable water sources, and potential mineral ownership. The property’s proximity to Abilene and San Angelo make it a great destination for hunters and convenient for cattlemen.
Wildlife & Hunting: The area is known for quality hunting and the property has only been lightly hunted over the last 3 years. Whitetail deer, turkey, hog, and varmint all call this area home, and dove are equally as plentiful. With some native sunflower food plots established the dove hunting could be lights out. Quail have been observed on the property and with minimal amounts of prickly pear this is an ideal ranch for working dogs.
Wildlife Habitat: Numerous perennial tree and shrub forms of woody stem browse are found throughout the ranch and include species such as hackberry, bumelia, agerita, and mesquite. Combined with beneficial forbs and native grasses, the property provides plentiful food sources and excellent cover. Some of the creek bottom land provides deeper soils and the perfect locations for establishing secluded wildlife food plots.
Pastures & Grazing: Overall the pastures have a good stand of native grasses, and have not been overgrazed under current ownership. A 110+/- acre field is located on the north end ranch offering the opportunity for cultivation or establishing some improved grasses. The owners currently plant portions of the field in wheat for wildlife food plots.
Water: The property has a good supply of water with 1 strong water well, 3 stock ponds (2 seasonal), and 2 wet weather creek tributaries of Valley Creek that meander across the ranch. The owners have consulted with a local water well drilling contractor and it is believed that additional water wells could be successfully drilled if desired.
Terrain: Approximately 70% of the ranch is heavily to moderately wooded with scattered oak motts, elm, hackberry, cedar, and mesquite. The remaining 30% is primarily native pasture, cultivation and terraced farm land. Soils consist primarily of Mereta clay loam, Sagerton clay loam, Oplin-Kavett complex, Shep loam, Tobosa clay, and Rotan clay loam.
Fencing & Road Frontage: Perimeter and cross fencing range in condition from good to poor. The east perimeter is not fenced at this time. CR 190 runs west from FM 1086 providing access at the southeast corner of the ranch.
Improvements: An old farm house, garage, and several barns/sheds are located on the property, but offer no contributory value to the sale.
Easements: An electric transmission line and pipeline easement cross the ranch near the southeast corner. There are additional pipeline easements that enter the ranch and are believed to have once served old well locations.
Minerals: Currently, there’s an existing oil well and a couple sets of battery tanks located on the property, but no active production. Minerals are negotiable.
Electricity: Taylor Electric Cooperative provides electrical service to the ranch with existing lines already in place and ready for use.
School District: Winters ISD
Taxes: Property is ag-exempt.
Price: $635,375 ($1,495 per acre)
Click to view additional parcels available for purchase:
Happy Valley Ranch, 675+/- acres
Happy Valley Ranch North, 120+/- acres
Happy Valley Ranch South, 130+/- acres
Contacts: Bret Polk, 254-965-0349 mobile, firstname.lastname@example.org
Features and Activities
126 County Road 190, Wingate, Texas 79566, USA